<span style=”color: #000000;”>Publication</span>
All authors are invited to submit their paper for the conference proceedings before January 31, 2018.
Format and length
- The text will have a maximum length of 30 000 characters including the notes.
- The essays should be in Word format.
- 12 pt Garamond fonts should be used for the body of the text.
- Texts should be single-spaced, with alignment set justified, without indenting the first lines of the paragraphs, and with an empty line between paragraphs.
- 11 pt fonts should be used for footnotes.
- Margins of the text: 2.5 cm on both sides.
- The different sections, if there are any, should be numbered, and separated from the rest of the work by an empty line. As for the sub-sections, if there are any, they should follow the numbering “1.1”, “1.1.1.”, etc. In case of the title of each section, the fonts should be bold, it should be written in lowercase letters, without indenting the first line and without a full stop.
- The fragment of text written in italics should be followed by a punctuation mark in italics.
- The n-dash must appear attached to the word, without space.
- Numbers are joined by a hyphen.
- Title: centered, capitalized, bold, 12 pt fonts, without full stop.
- Name and surnames of the author: centered, capitalized, bold, body 12.
- Institution: centered, in lowercase letters, body 11, without parentheses.
- Abstracts: in Spanish / English, body 10.
- Keywords: five, in Spanish / English, body 10.
- If you want to include images, please indicate their exact place in the text, and send them separately. Image resolution should be 300 dpi.
- Footnotes should be used only when they are absolutely necessary – if there is a way, avoid them.
- The Bibliographical references should follow the guidelines of the Harvard style.
- All referred texts should appear in the final “Works cited” section.
- In the body of the text the quotes will be quoted with quotation marks: “…”.
- Quotations longer than three lines should be organized into block quotes (indenting 2 cms from left and right) and should be set to 10pt; should be single-spaced, with alignment set justified, without indenting the first lines of the paragraphs, and with an empty line between paragraphs.
- The deletion of text within a quotation should be indicated by three points in brackets: […].
- Quotations within quotations should be in italics.
- The in-text references should indicate the work cited in the following format:: (Wells, 2005:36).
- If the author’s name is quoted in the text, only the year of publication and the pages are indicated in parentheses next to it (2005:36).
- If you don’t cite specific pages but the entire work of an author, indicate next to the surname of the latter the year of publication of the work referred to in parentheses: (Wells, 2005).
- When quoting web pages where there is no date, the date of accessing the page should be noted in parentheses: (Delibes, 01-11-2014).
The bibliographical references will appear at the end of the essay, ordered alphabetically by the author’s last name.
Delibes, Miguel. 1966. Cinco horas con Mario. Barcelona: Destino.
- chapters of a book
Berta, Tibor. 2006. “Sobre la proporción de la promoción de clíticos en construcciones de infinitivo medievales y preclásicos” Bustos Tovar, José Jesús de – Girón, José Luis (eds.). 2006. Actas del VI Congreso Internacional de Historia de la Lengua Española. Madrid/Alcalá de Henares (2003), vol. I, Madrid: Arco/Libros. 501-511.
Berta, Tibor. 2004. “Observaciones al análisis de la evolución de las construcciones de participio e infinitivo en español y portugués” Acta Hispanica, 9. 71-79.
- papers published on internet
Musa, Arnaldo. “Calificó Presidente de Guinea Ecuatorial de positiva visita realizada a Cuba” Granma online. Access date: March, 1st, 2008. Available at: